Veterans Day Assembly

Back to Article
Back to Article

Veterans Day Assembly

Eve Stogner

Eve Stogner

Eve Stogner

Bethany Trevino, Staff Writer

On Monday, November 11, 2019 VMHS held an assembly for Veterans Day to honor both active and inactive members of the service and to also remember fallen soldiers who were lost in a time of war. 

“Veterans Day means a lot to me because my grandfather was in the Navy, and because these men and women fought to keep America free.” Senior, Cassandra Herrera Said. 

During the assembly the choir and orchestra performed beautiful pieces to provide entertainment for those attending the assembly and to honor the various branches of service.

“I really liked the performances, I think it added to the assembly and made it more interesting.” Herrera said. 

To honor all of the branches of the service, specific tunes were played while their respectable flags were presented. Along with the presentation of the flags and the tunes that went with them, the people associated with those branches stood in honor of their flag. 

“I loved when they brought each branch of service flag out and played the music that went with that branch and had the veterans stand that were veterans of that particular branch” Teacher, Mrs.Ritchie said. “I thought that was really nice.”

A slideshow and a special video was presented at the assembly to show the family members of staff who have given their time and risked their lives for our country and for the students to give thanks to those who have.  

“I loved when Ms. Trevino’s dad stood up and was recognized and our students gave him a standing ovation. I thought that was really nice.” Mrs.Ritchie said.

The assembly greatly displayed how thankful the entirety of VMHS is towards not only our own veterans but all veterans and it was the perfect way to celebrate Veterans Day.